During the Second World War the British army had a need for a small tank engine. With specific requirements in mind the design chosen was an update of a standard Hunslet industrial locomotive. It was a short wheelbase powerful 0-6-0 saddle tank well suited to the task in hand, able to deal with heavy trains on rough or steeply curved track.
- Gauge. 5″
- Livery: Maroon, Black BR, Green
- Length: 812mm
- Width: 224mm
- Height: 327mm
- Weight: 33.5kg (dry weight)
- Wheel base: 299mm
- Wheel Dia: 115mm
- Minimum Radius: 8ft Rad
- Boiler: Copper silver solder Or optional copper TIG welded
- cylinders: 40mm bore by 50mm stroke in cast iron
- valve gear: Stephenson’s link valve gear
- superheater:.Four row stainless radiant superheater
- Boiler feed: hand pump, crosshead pump, injector option.
- Displacement lubricator, mechanical option.
- Screw down brakes
- Extensive use is made of stainless steel and bronze in construction.
Denne er snart å se hos Livingsteam i Storgata 21-23, 3320 Vestfossen.