Criccieth Castle is the first in our new range of battery powered diesel outline locomotives. The engine was built at Boston Lodge for the Ffestiniog Railway from parts supplied by Baguley—Drewry and entered service in 1995.
The model has been designed and built to be equal in performance to our steam models. It features a beefy motor and drive-train and at almost 3 kg is quite a heavyweight with performance to match.
It will pull the heaviest trains at realistic speeds and keep going for several hours.
Make it something extra special with the optional onboard sound system.
Hear the engine ticking over when you switch the sound on. Open the throttle and the air brakes release and the engine sound increases with the speed of the loco. Sound the horn as you press a third switch on the transmitter.
Technical specifications for ‘Criccieth Castle’.
- 0-6-0 outside framed chassis with high quality Buhler motor and precision made steel and bronze gear set.
- Fitted with full radio control for both speed and direction (and horn if fitted).
- Rechargeable NiMh batteries (8 on loco) for excellent running time, complete with fast charger for in-situ charging.
- Directional head lights and colour side lights
- Gauge adjustable between 32mm and 45mm gauge.
- Insulated wheels as standard.
- Fully glazed windows and removable roof to access detailed interior.
- Available with optional sound system featuring realistic engine idle and running plus air brakes and horn.
- Dimensions are :- length 275mm, width 110mm, height 150mm, weight 2.92 kg.
- Available in any standard ROUNDHOUSE colour.