‘Russell’ is based on the well known 2-6-2 tank locomotive still running today on the Welsh Highland Railway in North Wales. Built by The Hunslet Engine Co. Ltd. of Leeds in 1906, it has undergone a number of changes over the years and the model depicts it as running in the early 1920’s and as it currently appears.
Technical specifications for ‘Russell’.
- 2-6-2 outside framed chassis with two double acting slide valve cylinders operated by simplified Walschaerts type valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer.
- Internal gas firing using the ROUNDHOUSE ‘FG’ gas system.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are :- length 358mm over buffers, width 115mm, height 150mm, weight 4.2 Kg.
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear.
- Available in any standard ROUNDHOUSE colour.
- A gauge conversion kit is available separately to allow changing between 32mm and 45mm gauge. Please state gauge when ordering.
- Also available with insulated wheels.
- ‘Russell’ name and works plates are available as an optional extra.