The Davenport Locomotive Works started producing these, 0-4-0 saddle tank locos in the early 1900s for industrial uses. While the majority of these engines were built for American clients they found their way all over the globe to places such as: Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, Cuba and Europe. Because dozens of these locos were produced for a variety of purposes we have designed this loco to be our interpretation of prototypical examples.
Technical specifications for ‘Davenport:
- Internal gas firing using our ‘FG’ type burner.
- Outside framed 0-4-0 chassis with Roundhouse Internal Walschaerts valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer.
- Water top-up system and water gauge.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Glazed cab spectacles.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are, Length 310mm over buffers, Width 115mm, Height 165mm, Weight 3.4 Kg.
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear using 2.4GHz R/C.
- Gauge adjustable between 32mm and 45mm
- Optional insulated wheels available
- Available with a choice of matt black or silver smokebox, matt black or red oxide roof and the bodywork in any of the standard Roundhouse colors.