The Penrhyn Hunslets have long been a favourite with narrow gauge modellers and 2012 is a special year for them, as it is 50 years ago that the line closed. 2012 is also the 130th birthday of Charles, first of the three ‘main line’ Hunslets. To celebrate this, we have re-introduced Charles to the ‘Classic Series’ range of locomotives.
The radio controlled model now has all of the equipment fitted on-board the locomotive so, unlike our 2006 model, it does not require the separate coal truck to house the batteries and receiver.
Technical specifications for ‘Charles’.
- Internal gas firing using our ‘FG’ type burner.
- Outside framed 0-4-0 chassis with two double acting slide valve cylinders operated by Roundhouse inside valve gear.
- Water top-up system and water gauge.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are, Length 300mm over buffers, Width 105mm, Height 140mm, Weight 3.1 Kg. (with Radio Control fitted).
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear using 2.4GHz R/C.
- The wheels are adjustable between 32mm and 45mm gauge.
- Available with insulated wheels.
- Supplied with etched brass name and works plates.
- Available in any standard ROUNDHOUSE colour.