The model is of works number 57148 which was built in the same year as ‘Mountaineer’ and depicts her as running in preservation on the Chemin de Fer Froissy-Cappy-Dompierre in northern France.
It is available with either war department markings – WD and arrow on side tanks and loco number 1257 on front of tank or as CFCD No9 with RL1257 on side tanks and CFCD No9 on buffer beams
Technical specifications for ‘Alco’.
- Internal gas firing using our ‘FG’ type burner.
- Outside framed 2-6-2 chassis with two double acting slide valve cylinders operated by simplified Walschaerts type valve gear.
- Water top-up system and water gauge.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Glazed cab spectacles.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are, Length 370mm over buffers, Width 110mm, Height 145mm, Weight 3.9 Kg. (with Radio Control fitted).
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear using 2.4GHz R/C.
- A gauge conversion kit is available separately to allow changing between 32mm and 45mm gauge. Please state gauge when ordering.
- Fitted with insulated wheels as standard.
- Supplied with etched brass works plates.
- Supplied in WD grey with black boiler and domes unless otherwise requested and lettered either WD or RL1257 (please state preference at time of ordering)