Årets nyhet fra Roundhouse er Beddgelert, et 0-6-4 lokomotiv!
Technical specifications for ‘Beddgelert’.
- Internal gas firing using our ‘FG’ type burner.
- Outside framed 0-6-4 chassis with two double acting slide valve cylinders.
- Water top-up system and water gauge.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator andreversing gear.
- Glazed cab windows.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are, Length 385mm over buffers, Width 106mm, Height 140mm.
- Weight 4.6 Kg. (with Radio Control fitted).
- Full 2.4GHz radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear.
- A gauge conversion kit is available separately to allow changing between 32mm and
- 45mm gauge. Please state gauge when ordering.
- Fitted with insulated wheels as standard.
- Exhaust enhancer fitted as standard.
- Available in any standard ROUNDHOUSE colour
Litt historie fra «The Quarry Hunslet Website»
Beddgelert was built for the the Bryngwyn Branch on the NWNGR, which ran from Dinas to Tryfan Junction where the branch started, to serve a number of slate quarries on the slopes of Moel Tryfan, the upland area which rises to the right of the railway as viewed from a train heading from Dinas towards Waunfawr; (Not to be confused with the mountain Tryfan, adjacent to Llyn Ogwen alongside the A5)
Beddgelert, the 0-6-4ST was built by the Hunslet Locomotive Company Leeds in 1878, to works order number 206. The locomotive looks powerful in this works photograph above and it was ideally suited to the heavy freight trains. Unfortunately the engine only lasted until 1906 when it was scrapped as it was considered uneconomical to repair after only 28 years of service!
Hunslet works No. 206 of 1878
Weight = 17T
cylinders = 10″x16″
Wheel Dia 30″
Boiler Pressure = 160lb