Built by Baguley-Drewry of Burton-on-Trent, Harlech Castle is the third in our series of battery diesel locomotives. Originally destined for Mozambique, the order was cancelled and she eventually found her way to the Ffestiniog Railway in 1988 where she is used by the Permanent Way Department.
This model has been designed and built to be equal in performance to our steam models. It features a powerful motor and drive-train and at almost 3 kg is quite a heavyweight, with performance to match.
Technical specifications for Harlech Castle
- 0-6-0 outside framed chassis with high quality Buhler motor and precision made steel and bronze gear set.
- Dimensions are :- length 275mm, width 110mm, height 150mm, weight 2.92 kg.
- Full radio control for both speed and direction (and sound if fitted).
- Rechargeable NiMh batteries (10 on loco) for excellent running time complete with fast charger for in-situ charging.
- Gauge adjustable between 32mm and 45mm gauge.
- Insulated wheels as standard.
- Fully glazed windows and removable roof to access interior.
- Available with optional sound system featuring engine sound and horn at extra cost.
- Available in any standard ROUNDHOUSE colour.
- Available in FR grey and yellow livery (Vinyl Transfer)at extra cost.