Despite the fact that it was considered an excellent piece of motive power, it was sadly scrapped in 1936 along with the rest of the railroad.
This superbly detailed model is of the locomotive as running in the 1920’s.
Although measuring 28″ (700mm) long, it will still negotiate track down to 600mm (2′) radius, thus allowing operation on all LGB track.
A water top-up system is incorporated into the model with water gauge on the boiler allowing continuous steaming for long periods and a fully sprung chassis is used on the locomotive with compensated bogies on the tender.
Technical specifications for ‘S.R. & R.L. #24’.
- 2-6-2 outside framed chassis with two double acting slide valve cylinders operated by simplified Walschaerts type valve gear.
- Internal gas firing using the ROUNDHOUSE ‘FG’ gas system.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, water gauge, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Water gauge and top-up system fitted as standard.
- Fully sprung locomotive chassis and compensated tender bogies.
- Dimensions are :- length 685mm, width 120mm, height 150mm, weight 4.25 Kg – loco, 1.75Kg – tender (with r/c).
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear.
- A gauge conversion kit is available separately to allow changing between 32mm and 45mm gauge. Please state gauge when ordering.
- Insulated wheels are fitted as standard.
- Supplied in any standard ROUNDHOUSE colour, with/without silvergrey smokebox and red oxide roof.